General scope of work:
● Develop capabilities against design and functional specifications, meet articulated Story Acceptance Criteria, and manage code in a shared repository.
● Working within an Agile development workflow, the Web Developer will communicate with Business Analyst, Product Manager, Product Owner, and business SMEs to verify software needs and to deliver working code.
● This position requires two to four years of experience in web development Responsibilities:
● Work with a team of Software Engineers, UX Designers, Usability Analysts, Instructional Designers, and Business Stakeholders in an Agile software environment.
● Support existing and new product styling within a shared codebase used by dozens of downstream teams.
● Participate in and conduct code reviews, sprint demos, and sprint retrospectives.
● Develop and support software used by millions of students.
● Ensure quality, responsive design, and accessibility of web applications across multiple web browsers and mobile devices.
● Ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral, at all levels to various technical and non-technical audiences. (English)
● Track record of delivering products on time.
● Experience with responsive web design practices.
● At least 3 years of experience developing web applications in a structured environment.
● Hands-on experience developing React based web applications a plus. ● Understanding of Git-based source code control management (GitHub).
● Understanding of coding for multiple browsers, platforms, and device compatibility.
● Proven track record of implementing and delivering web projects on time, with exceptional quality and on tight deadlines.
● Experience with SCORM, Tin Can API, and/or Learning Management Systems (LMS) is a plus, but not required.
● Experience developing web applications for Android, iOS, and Windows tablet devices is a plus, but not required.
● Experience with node.js, npm, and bash is a plus, but not required.