Senior Network Engineer
- Work with infrastructure and cloud teams to maintain LAN/WAN/Wireless network, telephony, server, and application infrastructure ensuring the adherence to standard IT Service Management (ITSM) processes including incident management, change management, and problem management
- Working under general direction, assists in the planning, design and implementation of voice and data IP networks ensuring alignment to industry best practices
- Maintain an advanced awareness of the latest technologies and trends in the LAN/WAN/Wireless and Voice networking field and recommending new technologies for possible business application
- Implement general infrastructure best practices as defined by global standards documentation
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves network problems in a timely manner
- Support system monitoring tools and processes to allow proactive maintenance and support of the network.
- Regularly monitor system & network capacities and implement capacity planning methods and processes.
- Configures switches, routers and other network appliances when needed
- Create, maintain, and update comprehensive documentation for systems, networks, standards, standard operating procedures, and disaster recovery plans
- Provide escalation to service desk and network operations center for complex incidents and problems
- Research and recommend innovative and automated approaches for tasks
- Interact, negotiate, and manage third party vendors for both operate and maintain activities as well as project work where required
Support highly available global infrastructure by participating in an on-call rotation
- In depth knowledge of networking and related hardware
- Proven, advanced knowledge of SD-WAN, Firewalls, TCP/IP networking, routing (BGP, OSFP), DNS, DHCP and VoIP
- Hands-on practical experience with Cisco SD-WAN and Fortinet Firewalls is a must
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server Systems including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP
- Direct, hands-on experience supporting complex LAN/WAN, Wireless and Voice networks including the use of standard troubleshooting tools such as iPerf and Wireshark
- Experience with cloud-based networking (Microsoft Azure)
- Expert problem-solving skills
- Experience with standard project management methodologies
- Good verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with customers and internal staff
- Advanced skills in Visio and PowerPoint with the ability to create and maintain complex documentation
- 5 years relevant experience in computer networking, infrastructure, and support
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with ITIL framework
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.